The MJC Wound Healing (MJC-WH) was founded October 20th 2018 in Brussels representing an interdisciplinary body of the UEMS with 20 delegates from 9 different medical specialties. The major task of the MJC-WH is the harmonization and synchronization of the medical field of wound healing in all EU countries.
- President: G-S. Tiplica (RO), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: K. Isoherranen (FI), email@example.com
- Immediate Past President: R. Strohal (AT), firstname.lastname@example.org
Objectives of the MJC-WH
The groups works to achieve the following:
- Promote and harmonize the highest level of training of the medical specialists engaged in wound healing
- Establish a UEMS European board of wound healing which prepares, launches and performs UEMS EBSQ examinations in wound healing
- Develop and launch of a postgraduate educational programme for wound healing, to safeguard the
professional interests of European medical specialists engaged in wound healing
- Create a working group for “Professional Policies” which will be responsilbe for defining the scope of work physicians and nurses in this field
- Develop the tools needed for supporting the free movement of the related medical specialists within the EU
- Promote and harmonize the medical practice and scientific issues in the field of wound healing
- Found a working group for “Guidelines”, with the objective to promote, review and accredit EU guidelines for a pan-European standard of care.
- Review an EACCME accreditation of European wound healing educational events (e.g. congresses)